Thursday, August 18, 2011

A day in New York

I was in New York today for a client meeting.  And the verdict is....my love of New York City and its craziness will never cease.  Of course the city if chaotic, and definitely not for the faint of heart, nor claustrophobic, but it's eclectic and electric blends of color, style, and personality is intoxicating.  I was slightly embarrassed to be walking around in my stuffy suit amidst all this great declaration of style and self assurance.  If I had given where I was going more thought, I should have snazzied up my boring business attire look by adding something unexpected to the mix.  A red pump, a leopard print top, or a bold necklace, there is always room to set yourself apart, even when rocking a blah outfit. 
One thing that’s for sure is “Out with the old, in with the New!!”.  All the windows were dressed with Fall looks already!!  As much of a summer baby I am, it actually warmed my heart to see the very familiar sights of blazers, tailored pants, toned down colors, scarves, etc.  This is the season that those of us with a little extra to hide get to shine too.  Blazers, stylish loose shirts, boots!!  Enough with the barely there bikinis, bring on the loosely fitted jumpsuits!!
The stores are prepping to usher in the cold, and serving us a great selection of must have items.  Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment